Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Loooooong Night!!!

We had a very long and interesting night last night. The frustration started at bedtime when it took 2 hours to get both the boys asleep. I was not a happy mom!! Around 12:30 Makenzie wanted to eat, which is fine cause I stay up and feed her so Lance can get up in the middle of the night. (It's easier for me to stay up then to try and wake up)
After she was fed and changed and put back to bed around 1-1:30, Lance and I both fell fast asleep. Here is how the rest of the night went :
2:45-Tai comes in our room screaming and holding his stomach, so we went to the couch, to try and calm him down. Nothing is working....
3:15- Parker wakes up from the screaming, and is now wide awake
3:20 - Tai is screaming even louder and so we decide to take him to the ER cause we don't know what else to do. And this is day 4 of the nighttime stomach aches.
3:20-4:00- I try to get Parker back to sleep, but he wasn't having it. Yes, another 45 minutes to get the boy back to sleep. aaahhh
I call Lance then and he says that they took an X-ray and had a VERY TRAUMATIC experience getting his blood drawn. It took several nurses, and Lance was breaking out in sweats from holding a screaming 5 year old. ( Glad I wasn't there)
4:30- Makenzie wanted to eat again. I called Lance and the blood results showed nothing and the only thing they could find was that Tai was "a little backed up" so they sent him home with a nasty drink to try and push it all out and a new gaming toy that you hook up to your TV that I am just thrilled about.
5:00- The boys came home, we told Tai to sleep on the couch and Lance and I amazingly sat and laughed at the whole thing... mostly cause this up all night business has become the normal thing lately. And NOT because of a newborn-Makenzie has been the easiest one!!!!! We are just dumbfounded
So Lance being SUPERMAN that he is has gone on very little sleep and he just keeps going, making sure I sleep in so I can face the 3 little stinkers that are our children!!!
Thank goodness, he has a job with great people that work with him. We are blessed that way. Now if we can only figure out these crazy nights, or I am calling the Super Nanny!!!!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Oh goodness! That is horrible! I am so sorry!!!!! You know... you can always call Brette to come help you... she's always up at those times of the night! HAHAHAH

Andrea said...

I know what you talking about....we had and have those crazy nights sometimes...I hope you can get some sleep...hahahhah!

Lindsey said...

That is crazy! I am so sorry that you are up all night but at least Tai was okay. . .hope you all got to take a nap!

Unknown said...

Hi! I am so glad you found me! Makenzie is such a cutie! She is so beautiful with her dark hair! Traci showed me a pic the other day and I just want to hold her she is so sweet. I bet she is spoiled being the first girl and all:) I am so happy for you guys you are such a awesome family. And I am sorry about your night! That is so crazy! I have to laugh though because the other night I was up all night, ya not becuase of Rach. It was Ty he was sick with the flu and let me tell you I hope he never gets it again. He was like banging all around. I thought he was remodeling our bathroom. It is funny now. But anyways:)
I am sorry for your crazy night! I hope Tei is feeling better! And you guys are doing good. Love ya!
P.S I have a baby gift for you! I know it is so late but it is just some of the baby stuff that I make. I will bring it to Traci's shower. Whenever that is:) what color's do you mostly like? Are you into all the pink or do you want something different? Just let me know:) Hope your day is good

Kellie said...

Honestly I didn't really like your night... It made me feel sick to my stomach and then I wondered how in the world you laughed about it? :D Just goes to show you are a better woman than I :D You are amazing If I was you I would be crying :D (For your information I usually do :D)

Monica said...

I'm sorry you had such a long night...I deprived myself of sleep during high school so I'm hoping I'll be able to again when we have kids :) If you ever need help with anything feel free to call me!

Olivia Karin Jarrett said...

Oh my gosh...she is soooooo cute. i feel bad for your night...i think maybe God gives us freebies into heaven because of nights like that...you know like at the pearly gates he says "oh so you are a skinny dipper, oh well, we'll just give you one of the freebies you earned from sleepless nights because of choosing to be a parent" and whammo...you slip into heaven without anyone knowing about your indiscretions...good idea?

Melissa said...

Isn't it fun trying to adjust to 3 kids, and just like you said, the baby is usually the easy one. Does Tai go to kindergarten in the fall? That will be nice. I'll still have 1 more year with all 3. How fun! :)

Frampton Family said...

After reading this I'm thinking to myself that I think I'm alright without kids for a while. Ha! At least you can laugh about it now.

Mandi said...

Wow! I can't believe what I have to look forward to! I'm so glad you two can laugh about it. It will get better I know it! It has to! Your cute little girl is so precious too!