Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vacatio... Er, Work Trip

Here's a little story about my job. We set up an audit with a company, and tell them we need to review certian documents, and then we show up and look through their stuff. Sometimes, it takes us 5 days to look through stuff. Sometimes it takes us 5 hours.

So I'm in Portland, and so far this week we have had two audits that took 5 hours, and one audit that took 12 hours, so we've had, um, some down time. Wednesday for lunch we played some disc golf, and then today for lunch we played some disc golf at another course.

Then this afternoon I went for a 4.25 mile (I traced out my path on Google Earth) walk along the river and took some pictures - mostly because I told Tairen I would take some pictures.
You just don't see bridges in Utah that can raise a whole section of the road AND railroad tracks up 60 feet so a boat can go underneath. Luckily the weather has been in the 60's so it's been nice to get outside. Better yet, I get to come home for the weekend and be with my family before I come back next week for more potential boredom.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Ooooohh Jarrod will be jealous. He hasn't played disc golf in months! We haven't been to Portland yet to play disc golf. I'm sure we'll make it someday!